Peer Review Policy
1. Purpose of Peer Review
Peer review is an integral part of the scholarly publishing process at JNLP. It serves to ensure the quality, accuracy, and integrity of the content published in the journal. Through rigorous peer review, we aim to promote the advancement of knowledge and maintain the credibility of the research presented.
2. Types of Peer Review
JNLP employs single-blind or double-blind peer review, where the identities of the authors and reviewers may be concealed during the review process. The specific peer review type will be determined by the editorial team based on the nature of the manuscript and the preferences of the authors.
3. Editorial Role
The editorial team oversees the peer review process and strives to ensure that it is fair, unbiased, and of high quality. The team may select reviewers based on their expertise and familiarity with the subject matter of the manuscript.
4. Author Responsibilities
Authors submitting manuscripts to JNLP are expected to:
- Provide accurate and complete information during submission.
- Declare any conflicts of interest that may affect the integrity of the review process.
- Ensure that the manuscript adheres to ethical guidelines and complies with research and publication standards.
- Revise the manuscript based on reviewer comments and suggestions, as applicable.
5. Reviewer Selection
Reviewers are selected based on their expertise in the subject area of the manuscript. The editorial team may consider suggestions from authors while making reviewer selections, but final decisions rest with the editorial team.
6. Reviewer Responsibilities
Reviewers for JNLP are expected to:
- Provide unbiased and constructive feedback on the manuscript's quality, originality, significance, and methodology.
- Assess the manuscript's compliance with ethical guidelines and research standards.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the peer review process and the content of the manuscript.
- Declare any conflicts of interest that may arise during the review process.
7. Reviewer Reports
Reviewers are required to provide comprehensive, constructive, and timely reports. These reports should outline the strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript, suggest revisions, and recommend an overall decision (accept, major revisions, minor revisions, or reject).
8. Editorial Decision
The editorial team considers the feedback provided by reviewers and makes the final decision regarding the manuscript. Authors will receive a decision letter that includes reviewer comments and editorial recommendations.
9. Transparency and Appeals
JNLP is committed to transparency in the peer review process. Authors who disagree with a decision can appeal, and the journal will assess the appeal based on the existing peer review process.
10. Continuous Improvement
The peer review process at JNLP is continually evaluated to improve its quality, efficiency, and transparency. Feedback from authors and reviewers is valued in shaping the process.
11. Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns about the peer review process, please contact the editorial office at email@example.com.